The "capital" of Fyn offers many attractions and lots of entertainment.The Tourist Bureau can give you lots of information about these, and places to stay.At Beldringe there is a historical centre, housed in a World War Two bunker.
The present main building dates from 1874 and is in the Dutch Renaissance style.
At Svanemøllen, also known as "Red Mill" because of the deep red of the bricks between the black timbering a mill has been in operation since the 17th century.
The present structure is from the mid-19th century.
Langesø: The foundation-owned forestry area at the lake of Langesø is highly diversified.
In Davinde there is an old village meeting place, where the stones form a ring round an old lime tree that is encircled by a millstone.
The old Tarup-Davinde gravel pit is just to the south of the route, and now includes a wonderful "nature area" built up as a result of the excavations over the years.
It is well worth a visit, even if only for a picnic.
Displays and folders about the area can be seen at Ålykkestedet, just north of Hudevad Rønninge has retained its original 800-year-old street plan and contains a number of half-timbered houses, with the church at the centre and five streets stretching out in all directions.
From Sletterød it is only a short distance to the open farm at Billesbølle and the amusement park Fyns Sommerland. The church was built in 1881 and was designed by H. Vilhelm Haugsted, who also designed the chapel in the woods at Langesø.
From the church there is a route to the Fyn Aquarium - follow the road towards Assens briefly and then take the left turn to Roldvej.
Other attractions nearby include Henner Friiser’s House, with exhibitions highlighting the importance of porpoise fishing to the town, and CLAY Museum of Ceramic Art, Denmark – a truly extraordinary specialist museum devoted to ceramic art.